Tuesday 20 September 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish which I am taking part in. 

I have to admit it has been quite a while since I took part in the Top Ten Tuesday Meme but I really liked this week's question so made a concerted effort to make sure I could post something. Anyway, here are the top ten books I feel as though everyone has read but me.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: This book seems to have been read by almost everyone on the internet except for me! I do have copies but just never seem to get around to reading them.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: This novel has spawned seemingly endless movies and so many of my female friends, family and internet peers seem to have watched them all and read the book. Maybe it is just me being a "man" but I just can't find any desire to read this book. Maybe if I read Pride & Prejudice & Zombie by Seth Grahame-Smith it will almost be the same?

The Vampire Diaries by LJ Smith: I read Twilight because people told me to and it didn't do anything for me so I just can't face another "popular" vampire series, I just can't do it.

Foundation by Isaac Asimov: This novel seems to be a classic for many of my Sci-Fi reading peers but I just haven't gotten around to reading it. I am not sure why, the synopsis just never fills me with any excitement.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson: My parents, friends, work colleagues and a multitude of internet peers seem to have read and loved this book. For myself it is just another book that sits on the to be read pile and never seems to make it to the top.

The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger: I don't even know what this book is even about but it seems to put up in blogs and conversations all the time. One day I might actually look it up and see if it may actually interest me.

Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card: Another book that as a Sci-Fi fan I feel I really should have read. I do at least have a copy of it now!

The Host by Stephanie Meyer: I always wonder if most people seem to have read this because they also read Twilight. Either way, due to me not being a great fan of Twilight, this book will probably never make it to my reading pile.

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen: Reviews seem to be everywhere for this book and everyone seems to like it. I may watch the movie and if I like that I will go give the book a try.

A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin: This has been made worst since the TV show. Originally it was just my Fantasy reading friends, etc. but now it seems most people I know have read it.

What about all of you? Is there anything out there that it seems everyone has read except for yourself?

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy, I haven't read or watched The Game of Thrones either... I'm starting to feel like an outcast, but I also don't think I'll ever really get to those books! And I included all of Jane Austen's books on my list, but I really do want to read something by her someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gratifying to see The Hunger Games on quite a few lists- it's not just me. I have read Pride and Prejudice (3 or 4 times) and also P&P&Z- and you know, I reckon as a bloke you could just read that one. Certainly read it first. It's surprisingly well done, and does correlate reasonably well with just the added zombie mayhem action of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read a couple of these, but a couple I haven't. I haven't read Foundation, but I have always wanted to.

    New Follower!
    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hunger Games, you should definitely take the time out to read.

    I actually like the Vampire Diaries better than Twilight, but there's no need to hurry with this series.

    ReplyDelete